Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Coolest Undiscovered Trail Ever (From 7/9)



I remember going to this waterfall the last time we were in Big Bend. Preston didn't. Until I whipped out the pics on the laptop. Anyways, we couldn't find the trail we followed on the map of the park, but we could find an area with the same name.

I also remember someone telling me about this way to enter from outside the park to find an area of pictographs/petroglyphs. Preston also didn't remember this.

We went to a park ranger to ask about that today. Turns out that there are a few areas of the park that aren't "advertised" due to environmental sensitivity or a desire to protect cultural resources, but if you know the name or some of the information about them and you ask a park ranger, they'll tell you how to get there. I'll not say the names on this blog for that reason, but if anyone ever goes to BBNP and wants to know, e-mail me.

So, we visited said pictographs/petroglyphs after dinner at the Starlight Theatre in Terlingua tonight. Awesome. Sweet. Probably didn't even see all of them because it was getting dark, but wow, will we ever be going back!!

No comments: