Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I Summited (From 7/10)

Preston took this picture of me summiting Tit Mountain. But this post is about a far bigger mountain...

We've decided to leave the park early - tomorrow.

Before we left, I wanted to do a trail that I've never done before. A "strenuous" trail. I wanted to hike to the summit of the 3rd highest mountain in Texas. 9 miles round trip. 7 total hours. Emory Peak.

Let me just say that that "25 foot rock scramble" that the guide advertises for the end of the trail isn't so much a scramble as it is a climb up giant boulders. But it is soooo worth it. The view was just amazing. I can see how people get addicted to rock climbing/summiting mountains. Wow.

Let me also say that my quads/calves/knees are *seriously* pissed off about this one. Seriously.

No comments: