Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Aftermath (From 7/8)

Well, everyone left BBNP today. Thank goodness!! It isn't like we didn't like having them here, but it is just so much more relaxing to have them gone.

Last night really went off perfectly, considering the extreme lack of planning that we were trying to get away with. (Or maybe the lack of planning made everything perfect since there was no plan to contradict.) The only mar on the day was JaMIL, who spent here entire time here just barely avoiding having me lunge at her throat. I'll make a blog entry later recounting her many infractions, but let's just say today that I'm glad her presence here has lifted. Very glad.

Preston and I have been goofy all day calling each other husband and wife and admiring our new rings.

We tooled around the park today with no plan: our favorite sort of day here. I think tomorrow we'll do the Chimneys, because I want to photograph the petroglyphs with the Nikon. I'm trying to convince Preston to make a go of Emory Peak on Tuesday. Neither of us has ever been up there, but with the long days in summer, I don't see a reason why we shouldn't be able to make it. And if we do make it... South Rim??? Heh. That one might have to wait for later due to a lack of water-carrying capability.

Oh, Preston's back. Gotta run.

No comments: