Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Frederickdburg, Fun, and Big Cooking Days

Thursday we headed up to Fredericksburg for P's Grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary.  You read that right: 65 years.  Wow.

Mawmaw, Papa, P, Me, and Z
We left around 10am and made a pretty efficient trek towards Austin, stopping once for lunch, then in Austin for a shake at EZ's.  Then we tooled around the hotel, Z pooped in the pool, and we headed to the big dinner.  Which was at 7.  Not the ideal time for the Z, who should have been winding down for bed, but we play the cards we're dealt, right?  Food was good, wine was good, company was good.  And really, Z was wooooooonderful considering how sleepy she was - she never got fussy!  And she even warmed up a bit to the strangers family.  She was a hit for the wait staff who brought shrimp just for her and kept coming around with yummy bread that she was eating like it was her last meal.  All in all, a great night to celebrate the matriarch and patriarch of Preston's mom's family.

P and Mawmaw.
And then the next morning a quick trip by their house and we were headed home.

Petting Charlie with cousin Jennifer.
Saturday was an errand and chore day, but, omg, we CLEANED THE BOX PILE in my living room!!!!!!!!  Now I can really look for new floors!!  I also did a big cooking hour where I knocked out some Curry Chicken and some Healthy Mama BBQ Chicken.  In an hour.  Because I rock.

Sunday we tooled around some more, made a fun trip to the park for the Z.

Monday we and Gaga went out to Hermann Park to ride the train and play at the Splash Pad.  Z had an awesome time, then for some reason when we got home refused to nap.  So that was terrible.  I finally gave up making her try to sleep at 4 and called Gaga to come get her because I had bought a crap-ton of meat at SAMS for another Big Cooking day from my new ebook "Fix, Freeze, Feast".  Once she carted the Kid away, P and I made 8 meals plus dinner in 2 hours.  We made pork with mushrooms and a sweet potato for dinner, 5 meals of Sweet and Sour Meatballs from the book, and 10 (which I'm guessing is 3 meals) servings of Chicken Cordon Bleu.  Hopefully it'll all taste great, because that's a lot of food!

(I actually have tons more pics from this weekend, but they are all on the nice camera, so I'll post them later.  Knowing me, probably much later.)

No comments: