Friday, September 7, 2012

Foto Friday - My Dad

I am really worried about my Dad right now.   He has been sick for a few weeks and he doesn't seem to be getting better.  Mom says the doctor is worried that the CLL is acting up.  He's having all kinds of tests run.  In the meantime, he gets to feel shitty.

A few pictures for you:
2002, before anything was wrong.

2007, thinner, but on a nice even keel.

A year ago.  Still thinner, yes?
I'm actually disturbed about how few pics I have of him laying around on my hard drive.  He seems to do a good job avoiding the cameras.  But suffice to say I reckon he's lost at least 10 additional pounds since that last picture.  He just loses about 5 pounds every time he gets sick.  He says he's down to 145 now (He was 175 in his heyday and was looking decent at 155-160 since the gut surgery in 2003).  He looks it.  And I am really starting to get scared.

My mom always said I was a Daddy's girl.  She says it bitterly.  I don't think of it that way, at least not the way that embitters her.  Not in the way of preferring one parent over the other.  But I am a Daddy's girl - I love him with all my heart and can't imagine the world without him.  *I* need him to be well.  Soon.

No comments: