Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Long Run Plan - Update

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting lost in all the planning.  So here is the running plan, just focused on races and long runs and back-to-back weekends.  Starting this weekend.  Dates are Saturday before the / and Sunday after.

7/Run for Recovery 5K
8
9
10 for Texas
Toughest 10K Galveston
7/Houston Half Relay
Rocky Raccoon 10K Trail
10
8
Dallas Turkey Trot 8 (Thursday)/9 (Saturday)
6/La Porte By the Bay Half
8/6
6
End of the World Half/Day After the End of the World Half

This gets me my 12 races for the year.  It also gets me a full Half before the big weekend, because while I know I don't need any full length training runs, since I'm going for the back-to-back, I think it would be a good idea.  And at 3 weeks out, the timing is perfect.  4 weeks out the 8 on Thursday followed by the 9 on Saturday will be a hard training "weekend", as well.

The only 2 I'm not signed up for yet are the Rocky Raccoon and the La Porte Half.

Goodness, it looks so daunting, but my season is going so well, so far, and I'm treating all of these races like training runs, so it isn't supposed to be high pressure.  I've gotta remember that this represents 3 months.  And it really looks like a nice -build to 10 and drop back, build again to 10 and drop back not as far, build to 13 with some double weekends and drop back, double race weekend.  Also, all the races represent milestones or environments that will be good training... the hill running in the Toughest 10K and the La Porte and the Houston Half Relay and the Turkey Trot, my first 10 at 10 for Texas, including the stabilization muscles in the trail run...

I just really really want this to work out.  Injury and DNS free.  That's all I want.

No comments: