Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Recent Running

Saturday I went out for a 3 miler with Woodlands Fit preceded by a 2 miler along the Waterway.  I actually wanted those 2 to be 3, but I miscalculated my timing and only had time for *exactly* 2.  I almost took a wrong turn when I was running with the group (there are these areas where the sidewalk ends and you have to cross the road to pick it up, and I thought I had found one of those, but the sidewalk picked up a few feet to the left on the other side) and I was laughing at myself and how totally directionally unskilled I am and how I really shouldn't run near the front of the group, and that was a good conversation starter that picked me up a running partner.  Hopefully I'll see her again, as our paces seemed compatible.  This run was both faster and a bit more comfortable than the 10K the week before.  It was also much more humid (like, seriously, I've never been that wet after a run - it looked like I had been swimming!), so I'm hoping the fact that it went better actually represents a gain in fitness.  I was also much less sore the following day, also a good sign!

Blue moon run.  (Is it still blue 5 hours after midnight??)
Monday I went for a nice little 3 miler in my neighborhood, ending with trail running along the bayou.  I had forgotten how much I like going for a morning run when it is light out so I can hit the trail!  I had never run exactly that route before and was super-overly-pleased with myself that I mentally guessed it'd be 3 and it was *exactly* 3.  Ha!

Almost impossible to see, but there was a huge blue heron on the dam that I was desperately trying to get a shot of.
So when I was laying down to bed last night I was trying to decide if this morning would be a run day or XT.  I thought it'd be pretty cool to make it a run.  Runs on work mornings are pretty short, so it'd be a good start to the back-to-back running days.  And it'd give me a shot at the far-too-elusive 4-run-week.  And again, I'm pretty pleased with myself because I got up this morning and banged that one out!  My legs were heavy and tired, so I did 8.5/1 intervals, but I got it done. :-)  Great holiday weekend running, and great start to the week!

No comments: