Thursday, September 20, 2012

23 Months

Dear Z-Squishy,

Late again.  I'll probably switch to quarterly updates after your birthday.  You are past that stage where everything changes so amazingly fast that I need to do monthly.  But I'll have to develop some method for not forgetting stuff!

Peekaboo!
A cute new thing: you say Yesss with a little lisp when you answer in the affirmative.  No more Yeah or Oh Yeah or Oh.  Yesssss.  It is super cute!

Demonstrating Grimmy's sainthood.
You've firmly got a hold of your pronouns, and even get them correct in contraction form.  For example, I said "I'm going to..." and you looked at me and said, "You're going to..."  It was AMAZEBALLS.

Making funny faces with Daddy.
We took you on your first and second merry-go-round rides, and you LURVE it!  The first time, at the Aquarium, you rode an alligator (alli-gat-ay) and you thought it was just the coolest.  The second time, at the mall, as soon as you caught sight of the merry-go-round, you started running to it and yelling, "It's gonna be fun!!" You selected a pig for that ride, and seriously, carousels = your favorite.

Merry-go-round!
I don't have much more to say other than that your vocabulary is obviously exploding.  You surprise me every day with the words that you know that I didn't teach you.  You went through a little phase of separation anxiety at school the other week, but you got over it in days.  I think your new favorite food may have shifted to watermelon.  And you also love shrimp.  And "peanut jelly sandwiches", which you always follow with my grilled cheese sandwich.  Because you can really pack it in!

Playing on the stairs.
I love you, I can't believe you're almost 2!!  Oh, that's the other thing, you've learned to hold up your 2 fingers.  So when we ask you how old you are, you say, "I'll be 2!" while holding up your fingers.  Very skilled!

No comments: