Friday, September 28, 2012

Zumba!

The "Insane" ladies at work have given up Insanity for now, since one of them is preggo, and moved on to Zumba.

I am so excited about this!  I was actually thinking of trying out a Zumba class at our community gym.  I love to dance.  Unfortunately love does not translate to skill or natural ability, but dance makes me feel good, in tune with my body, and most importantly, happy.

So I went over there yesterday afternoon to give Zumba a try, and it was fun!  I was able to put my feet in the right places, mostly, even though when I tried to move my hips I just confused myself.  Maybe that'll come in time.  Or maybe I'll always be a girl who can't do the sexy dance.  Either way is truly ok, because after only 20 minutes (we did the quickie because I needed to go pick up the Z and they were starting late) I had a sheen of sweat, some trembling muscles (though nothing on Insane level), and I was happy.

I'm also happy because I can do this one without having to worry about the consequences to my running, which means I can at least go weekly, and possibly more often.

Yay!

No comments: