Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Own Damn Cake

Yesterday at work they busted out the leftover cake from the party I missed on Tuesday.

Now, you know I've been craving cake this whole pregnancy. I even dreamed about it. Can't remember if I blogged it at the time, but I had this dream I went to the supermarket and I was just standing at the cake counter ogling and smelling the cakes. Yuuuuuum, cake...

Anyways, for my own showers, I got a piece of my cake right before it was gone at the work shower, and as for the home shower, the cake was amazing, but I think the bakery put a pinch of cinnamon in the chocolate for the most amazing taste and the most INSANE heartburn... so even though I ate 2 pieces at the shower and brought 4 more home, I can't eat those 4 unless I want even less sleep than I currently get. Not cool.

I was really looking forward to a bite of cake at this party.

I even snuck into the back room and sniffed it before I went to the doc.

So anyways, just before lunch yesterday I'm sitting in my office and I hear them breaking out the cake. I figure someone'll come by and let me know it is out and offer me some since I missed the party. Wrong. I wait a few minutes, then wander out on my way to the bathroom, looking for the cake the whole time. I don't see it anywhere! I figure maybe I was just having some kind of cake delusion and sadly go back to my office. Then I hear some being offered to the volunteer!! WTF??? It must be out there somewhere. I go the the bathroom again and also check the back room. STILL NO CAKE. It was like torture!! Knowing there was cake out there, smelling it, and not eating it, UGH!!!

I got all pissy and went home and made my own damn cake. And I got to lick the bowl. And it didn't give me heartburn and I was able to drink milk with it and I bet it was better than their fancy store-bought cake. So there. :-Þ

No comments: