Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 37

Cravings:
I'm hungry!!  Cookies n' cream ice cream (Blue Bell, of course) sounds great.  As do warm chocolate chip cookies and a big glass of milk.  Nestle from my own oven will do, but I'm really pining over one from Pei Wei... yummy...

Other symptoms:
Sleeping better sometimes, but still having insomniac nights.  Interestingly, if it isn't an insomniac night, I sleep HARD. Heartburn, but not since Saturday.  Tummy has been a little upset for 2 weeks now.  Nothing awful, but certainly more "activity" than I've seen this entire pregnancy, and I think even more than I'd see on a regular non-preggo day.  I have not changed my eating habits at all in the past 2 weeks, so it isn't that.

Things bugging me:
No.... I am calm, cool, collected, mellow, and trying to keep that BP down.  (Still.  But my house was really really messy this weekend.  And Preston still isn't done with the floors in the loft...)

Current weight: 167.0 (Weight gain seems to have slowed, even though, if anything, I'm eating more insanely than before - I've heard that that can be a sign that she'll come soon!!)


Renovations:
P is still working on the loft. He is under orders to work on it every day after work this week (damnit).


Other stuff:
This weekend unfortunately wasn't as relaxing.  I intended on taking Friday off, but I had jury duty on Thursday.

Seriously, right?  Jury Duty!!  On my full term date!!!  My first time being called for my "civic duty" ever, and they manage to call me when I'm 37 weeks preggo!!  Anyways, I went, got empaneled, ended up being an alternate on a speeding ticket, finally released around 1pm, luckily late enough to not go back to work!

But missing work on Thursday made me freak out a little.  I don't know why, but I just felt like if I missed Friday I might not get the chance to ever go again before the baby.  And I had left a lot of loose ends due to an insane day on Wednesday.

So I worked for just over 6 hours on Friday, then stopped by the store, then fell asleep til Preston got off work.

Saturday I had my doula massage scheduled.  The one that everyone guaranteed would drop the baby.  It was *wonderful*.  Seriously, wonderful.  And it did drop the baby.  I'm thinking if she doesn't come this week, I'd like another...

Then after that we needed to go by Preston's Dad's because there was family in town.  I gave P a lecture beforehand on not keeping me there when I timed out, and I think we made it out in 3ish hours, which wasn't awful.  Then we stopped by Michael's on the way home because I needed to get something framed and after all that we were probably gone from the house over 8 hours.  Not relaxing!!

Then Sunday, we went back to Michael's twice.  Long story short, though, the thing is finally getting framed.  And then to the grocery store.  And somehow then it was afternoon already!

Think I'm going to try to plan another don't leave the house weekend for next weekend if The Kid hasn't arrived yet.  This stuff is just getting to be too much for me.

Next belly check isn't until Friday. :-(  The dropping is encouraging, but I haven't had regular contractions since last week, boo!

One more thing: this morning was beautiful: first morning since April below 70!  I'm not running any longer, but went out for a walk.  This morning is the kind of morning that makes me miss running!

No comments: