Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pregnant Sicky Sickerson

Uggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sick! 

It started with a sore throat over a week ago, every morning when I woke up.  Assumed it was from all the snoring.  (Yay, preggo sexiness!)

Then on Monday night, it went beyond that.  I kept waking myself up with the snoring.  And Preston kept waking me up to try to stop the snoring (he had earplugs in and a pillow over his head and says he still couldn't sleep from the racket - he finally ended up on the couch).  And before you knew it, I had had the worst pregnant night ever. 

Tuesday I felt really crappy from the moment I woke up.  The sore throat was soooo much worse, and with the lack of sleep, I was just slaughtered.  I ended up going home early from work.  That night, I fell asleep sitting up on the couch.  When I woke up, I asked P if I had been snoring when I was sitting.  He said no, so I decided to sleep on the couch.  I started laying down, but switched to sitting around 2am because my throat was hurting so bad, and I felt like the snoring was exacerbating  the problem.

When I woke up on Wednesday, there was no way I was going to work.  If I wasn't preggo, I'm sure I would have tried to go in: my general rule of thumb is no fever and no involvement below the neck means I go in, but if I can't cut myself some slack now, when will I ever be able to??

I slept off and on all day, hardly getting up from the couch.  I had no appetite at all.  Called the OB, and of course, no Afrin, no Throat Coat tea, nothing but Tylenol and liquids, ugh!

Slept on the couch again last night.  Had like a 30 sneeze sneezing fit in which phlegm ended up in my mouth.  A lot.  Gross.  Didn't even bother trying to lay down: slept sitting the whole time, wrapping pillows around my belly for support.  Even with the house set at 72 degrees, was hot.  Ugh!  (But still no fever.)

Decided to go ahead and come into work, but only for 7 hours today.  I mean, I can be miserable at home, I can be miserable sitting at a computer at work and getting paid for it.  But I must say, it doesn't inspire confidence how many emails were waiting for me after only one day off!

But ugh, still miserable.

Belly check on Friday.  Maybe doc'll help??

(Can the baby come out sick?? I want this kid out, but I don't want to go through labor feeling like this!!!)

No comments: