Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Braxton Hicks???

So yesterday I had "cramping" low in my bump, centered, pretty much all day. I didn't really feel like it was anything time-able, but I also wasn't completely sure. I seem to be a very visual person with this pregnancy - I wasn't sure I was feeling kicking until I saw it on the sonogram, even though I had been feeling it for a month! Well, I wasn't sure I was having contractions until I finally got home and was able to unabashedly stare at my belly and watch it tense itself up into a tight little ball. Then I knew. That's also what it took for me to be able to understand the timing. I could see the thing coming and going, and I could mentally coordinate it with how I felt. So we started counting.

They say the magic point at which to call your doc is more than 4 per hour. I was pretty borderline, I've gotta admit. I reckon for awhile there I was having closer to 5 per hour. But I didn't call. I have a belly check this afternoon, and other than the dizziness, I have no other symptoms.

They weren't completely compliant with the definition of BH, in other ways, too, though. They were lasting about 60 seconds, were fairly regular, did not lessen with changes in position/activity, and they were uncomfortable. Not painful, but not comfortable.

But I went to bed, and they seem to be gone (so far) this morning... but the dizziness remains.

I'm thinking I may call my doc when they open...

No comments: