Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More Excitement Yesterday

So after my doctor's office opened yesterday, I put in a call because my dizziness was persisting, and coupled with Monday's contractions, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being an idiot by being at work...

The lady took down all my info, asked me to hold while she went to talk to the nurse, then came back and asked if I could come in *right now*. Ummm... yes? Am I coming back to work? Is this an emergency? Should I be freaking out???

I went in.

Turns out that dizziness is a common symptom of high blood pressure, which is a medical emergency when you're preggers.

My blood pressure was higher than my "preggo-normal", and generally on the high side, but I had no additional symptoms: no protein in the urine, no vision problems, etc.

The Kid's heart rate was a little high (170's). My doc looked at me and said, "If this doesn't go down, I'm going to have to put you on a monitor." I took a few deep breaths, mentally took hold of myself, and you could actually *hear* The Kid's HR come down into the proper range. Mind over matter. Apparently mind over 2 people's matter works too...

Anyways, doc sent me home for the rest of the day telling me to relax. If my BP or The Kid's HR are high at my belly check next Tuesday, then she's going to talk about bedrest. Me no want bedrest. I'll be a good girl, I promise!

On the good side, I only gained 6 oz. since my last appt, I was 30% effaced (we're on the way, Kid!!), but not dilated.

I'm going to take Friday off and closet myself in the house this weekend and rest. No bedrest for Ber.

No comments: