Monday, November 19, 2007

Run and Packet Pick-Up

Saturday Preston and I went to go pick up my packet for the Run Thru the Woods. We were standing in line behind this incredibly annoying woman who insisted on taking out all of her t-shirts and checking the sizes even though the guy told her that he couldn't exchange them, but that she could exchange them on race day. The other guy who was pulling the packets came up, looked directly at Preston (who was on the far side of me and not looking at the guy), and asked our names. I responded, he asked if 1 or 2 people, I said 1, and he brought me the packet. Then he asked me which race I was running.

I'm sure he didn't mean to make me feel like I wasn't part of the club. Like my husband who is out-of-shape is more likely to be part of the "runner's club" than I am. But he did. Even though I'm sure it was unintentional.

This was after our waitress at lunch always looked at Preston. *sigh*

Yesterday Preston was really awesomely helpful. I always have trouble with running motivation if I don't run first thing in the morning. It is like I can't find a time where food intake and desire coincide, and thus I often won't run. Yesterday around 1 it had been about 3 hours since I had eaten, and I was toying with the idea of running, but feeling lazy. I told Preston I was trying to decide between running "today or tomorrow", and he says, "why don't you just go ahead and go today". And I did. Couldn't very well wimp out after that, could I?

So yesterday: 3.6 miles in 35:52. Yeah, baby, a training run in sub-10s. Hells yeah. I have Podrunner to thank for that - 179 bpm sped me up without me even really realizing it. Sweet.

No comments: