Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My Purple Shirt and a Compliment

Last week I got out one of my favorite shirts that had been sequestered in my closet because I (read here: the girls) had gotten too big for it and it was gaping in the front when I sat. It is this lovely deep purple shirt (almost black) that I brought on a whim for too much money back when I still did stuff like that (read: pre-mortgage). I love that shirt. It is also the only shirt I have that accomodates my amethyst necklace (won in a work auction for $15) and earrings (X-mas present from hubby last year to go with the necklace) well.

The purple shirt is too big. You read it right. The formerly gaping bra revealing shirt is now *too big*. WTF?? It looks like it freaking swallowed me. Hangs limply all over me, hiding everything about my upper body. Waaaaaaay too big. I guess I'm making progress after all. RIP, purple shirt. Hope someone at the Goodwill loves you as much as I did.

On Thursday when I was leaving work, my purple shirt joy was re-inforced. I was headed to the 5K, and a woman who I work with asked if I was going to the gym. I said no, to a 5K for a short run. Then she said that she had noticed last week in a meeting we were in that she thought I was losing weight. I said yep, almost 20 pounds. 20 pounds!!! She seemed totally shocked. Then she started backtracking to make sure she hadn't offended me.

I'm never offended. If you can tell I lost weight and you think I look good, bring the compliments on!!! You may just give me the impetus I need to get over a hump. I swear I'll never think you were implying that I was fat before. ;-) Because I know I wasn't. And I actually think it is cool that no one realized I had that much weight to lose. Who knew that my body could hide it so well?? Well, good for my body, but let's not go back there, m'kay? 6 pounds to go (yes, I'm currently stalled - have been for almost a month, but at least it is holding steady). 6 pounds to go!!

No comments: