Saturday, November 10, 2007

Running with a Buddy

Yesterday I went for a run with a buddy of mine from work.

I learned something: running with someone is very different from running alone. For me, much harder (though it probably didn't help that we had selected a hilly route - AP). Well, make that several somethings that I learned, because I also learned that conversation pace is slower (or slower feeling) than I normally go.

He ran me so hard that I had to stop to walk twice (twice!!) in a 30 minute run.

But I'm taking it as a challenge. As long as I didn't run him off with my slowness, I'm so going to keep doing this 'til I stop sucking at it. It'll also be like finally starting some speedwork/hill training, which I've been meaning to do anyways.

Afterwards, Preston and I went over to the Museum of Natural Science to see Lucy. Wow, Lucy.

No comments: