Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Time to Bust Out the 5 Miler Goals

With Thursday fast approaching, I've been doing some thinking about this race, my A race for the second half of this year--my very first 5 miler. Actually, technically, it will be my very first 5 mile run ever. Although I've covered the distance in training several times, I've never done it without walking. So I'm a little nervous. But also excited about my first racing foray into distances greater than 5K.

Calculator fun abounds on pre-race days.... This pace predictor based on 29:40 as my 5K PR says I should be able to pull a 49:06!! Running Times gives me a 49:14. Galloway's 10K predictor pace translates to just under 55 for a 5 miler.

So, with all that in mind, what are my goals?
1. To finish.
2. To finish without walking.
3. To finish in less than 60 minutes/less than 12 minute miles.
4. To finish in less than 55 minutes/less than 11 minute miles.
5. To finish in less than 50 minutes/less than 10 minute miles.

No comments: