Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my parents are going to put earnest money down on a house this morning!!

In H-town!!!!!

Less than a mile from my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Explanation/Supporting statements (not all necessarily related to each other, but all related to my excitement):
I love my parents, and living far far away from them sucks.  They have/understand boundaries, so I'm not scared of them living close to me and being all inappropriate and up in our shit.  We lived about 20-30 minutes away from my grandparents when I was a shrimpie, and that was too far, in my opinion; we made the effort to go over there once a week, but what a pain in the ass.  Mom is soooooo helpful with the Z; and the Z loves her 3rd most in the world (after me and P).  They're willing to take the Z once a week so that she isn't full time daycare, annnnnd they're willing to take the Z to daycare every morning, so I can go back to working 10 hour days and having Friday off, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!  Did I mention free babysitting less than a mile away from my house?  A mile is easy running distance; I can pop the Z into the BOB and just run her over = BRILLIANT!  The potential house is also walking distance from the Z's future elementary school (and hopefully future daycare that doesn't take the kiddos until they are 18mo.).

And, this house is perfect for them, really.  It is a 3/2/2, a bit smaller than their current house, not much yard to mow and some really nice hardscaping, big giant air-conditioned workshop for all Dad's man toys, insanely awesome closet for Mom's girliness, giant 2nd bedroom that has a Murphy bed so it can double as an office, neat-o built-ins and little upgrades all over.  It is really a great house, and it has everything they want except for land.  And while I know they wanted a little land, I actually think it is better that they don't get it, because as they get older the upkeep would have been progressively more difficult for them.  This is literally a house that would be appropriate to be the last house they ever have to buy.  It is perfect.  (They might want to do a few upgrades - wood instead of carpet in a few rooms, maybe a granite countertop at some point, but really the place is good-to-go right now.  Brilliant!)

Brilliant, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!

No comments: