Thursday, June 30, 2011

What's in Your Purse?

So I saw this series of posts, and loved it!  I think it appeals to the voyeur in us all.  And I think it is an interesting argument: do the contents of your purse say anything about who you are as a person?

So, without further ado, my purse:



Obtained at Kemo's going away Diva party from a 50 earringed hippy chick with an awesome amber necklace.  Still smells faintly of sunscreen.  "Battled" my buddy Liz to win the purse, primary weapon was my specialty, guilt.  I love this purse for the ginormous size (I used to carry small bags pre-baby.  Finding that larger is better post baby, since I can toss diapers and wipes in the purse and go.), and its bright colors.  It goes with anything just because of the sheer forwardness of it.  And its personality goes well as an accent to my normally otherwise subdued dress.  This is the perfect summer purse for me right now.

And the contents:



Bottle of water, a must for the breastfeeding mama.
Book, because I'm reading again!! (The first book in this series actually rode to the hospital in my bag when I had Z.  It moved over to my purse and rode around for 8 months before I finally got to it.  Now I can't put the series down.)
$20 that Preston gave me the other day and I was too lazy to put in my wallet.
Wallet that Chris French gave me in junior high.  It rode around in my back pocket for years (like a boy), and still does take a ride there occasionally, where it fits perfectly.
iPhone, don't leave home without it!
Roll of tape that I used to tape my toll-tag onto my mom's windshield when I borrowed her car 2 weeks ago.
Brush, for the long crazy hair.
Cover-up, in case I want to appear not like a zitty teenager if I get called into a meeting with The Big Boss.
Chapstick, my favorite flavor.
Business card holder purchased at the National Ornamental Metal Museum on our Chicago 2008 road trip.
Sunscreen purchased on our London 2009 trip - never know when its going to come in handy!
Benadryl cream because I'm allergic to mosquito bites beyond what is normal.  They swell up to huge insanely itchy welts.
Hand sanitizer because I have a Kid now.
Work badge, because the only way I won't forget it is to always have it.
Contact drops.
Compact, even though I hardly ever use it and am thinking about ditching it.
Mirror purchased in London.
Tiny tape measure, which comes in handy more than you would think.
Swiss army knife, every self-sufficient gal needs one.
Cloth wipe, good for runny noses and excessive drool.
Prescription sunglasses in case.  (Non-prescription shades live in my car.)
Coupons and current Babies R Us circular, because I've been caught without it too many times.
Gift cards I'm still carrying around from Christmas, again because I've been caught without them too many times.
Keys and back-up keys. (Really ought to not keep them together...)
Small jewelry box so I don't lose anything when I go to the Y or otherwise need to remove my jewelry.
Fancy pen given to me by Preston's sweet grandparents.
Bottle of acetaminophen, which I started carrying around when I was preggo and it was the only thing I was allowed to take, and have continued carrying around since I'm breastfeeding and it is among the very few things I'm allowed to take.  Hardly ever need it, but like having it around.
Trash.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: