Wednesday, June 15, 2011

She waves!

My precious baby now waves to say hello and goodbye!  You have to work her for it, but she's doing it pretty consistently with prompting.  It is the cutest thing EVAR.  I've been trying to get pics/video, but no luck yet.

(Note to self/P: We really need to start implementing the basic signs for more, milk, eat, sleep!)

In other news, a hurricane is about to descend on our house.  Not the Ike variety, but the MIL variety.  Goodness help me!  I keep reminding myself that I *think* I'm only going to have to be around her for a few hours this evening, since she is basically just using us for an overnight stay before leaving for a cruise tomorrow.  I can do anything for a few hours.  Really.  Also, my parentals are coming in today.  (They had planned to come in for quite some time.  MIL just INFORMED us that she's coming in last week.)  They're going to look at houses in H-town, and retrieve Preston's Camaro (sigh) that Dad is buying from him.  Excited about one less car.  Sad (very very sad) to be selling the car that brought us together.  Anyways, I think having my parents there will make handling MIL easier, since she'll have 4 targets to distract her instead of just 2.  Will be interesting to see how the Z reacts, but she really flirts with everyone, so it will probably be positively.

Made it through last evening's 2 nursing sessions without getting clamp-pulled or supplementing with a bottle, hooray!!  Fed the Z from a bottle this morning, just to keep things simple/easy/quick.  Still wasn't willing to risk a bad morning feeding.

Did 30 minutes on the recumbent this morning.  Honestly, feeling a little cruddy again - sinuses, dizzy, sore throat.  Coincidence, or can my body just not handle 30 minutes of exercise a day on an average of 6 hours per night of sleep?  (Now I'm wondering if Z was clamp-pulling because she had a sore throat and eating was hurting??)  I suppose only time will tell.

No comments: