Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Weekend in Words

Friday I worked my half day, then rushed home to start cleaning/laundry, knowing that we were going to be gone all weekend.

I called P and told him I'd love to go with him to pick up the Z, so he got me first, we got her (and she *waved* at us when we got there, for the first time, SO COOL), and went to Jax for some burgers.  The burgers were my first real "non-safe" food since the hospital.  And it was gooooood.  Then we headed over to the carwash where Z flirted at the gumball machine and waved(!) at the guy who worked there.  Then home.

Saturday morning we woke up and got Z up, packed up, and headed to the in-laws' at 9am.  Got there, greeted everyone, had one of the marathon nursing sessions that have become common since the week nursing lay-off required by my hospitalization, and then headed over to the center over an hour early to get seats and watch my SIL graduate. (P and I both have non-traditional families: I have a half-brother and half-sister about 20 years older than me by my Dad's first marriage, and P has a half-brother and half-sister about 10 years younger than him by his Dad's second marriage.  So while my bro has a grandbaby that is barely older than my daughter,  P's sis is just graduating high school!)

Anyways, that went well.  Because we had P's step-grandmother there, we got to sit in a handicap accessible area, which was great for the Z and the two toddlers to run and crawl around.  By the end of graduation Z had skipped her morning nap and she actually sacked out as her head was hitting her carseat.

After all the picture taking, we all went out for mexican food (we were starving!), then back to their house.  I had to take a nap, I really wasn't feeling well.  Here is where nursing can become frustrating: I actually had to nurse in the restaurant, which is difficult and uncomfortable... then I only got a 40 minute nap because the baby was hungry again.  It is times like those when I wish I could just bust out a bottle.  *Sigh*  But nursing is worth it, I know that.  I just need to keep reminding myself!

Anyways, when I woke up, we all went for a swim.  Zoë loved it!  Hopefully some peeps will send me some pics of all the water fun.  But she splashed around and hung out in a little float ring thingy and giggled and generally had a great time.  Then we had a bath and went to bed.

Next morning was all about helping them get ready for the afternoon graduation party.  Zoë gifted us with an *unprecedented* 3 hour (3 hour!!!) nap from 11-2.  Very helpful for the preparation of food and running of errands!  I think she was just worn out from the day before.

My favorite thing about parties at the in-laws is the food.  These people really know how to put on a grazing  buffet.  They always have summer sausage with crackers and cheese.  And the best spinach dip.  And this time we added a really yummy fruit dip that I could NOT get enough of.  Good stuff!  Z got to go for another swim and loved it again.

All in all a very good weekend, but tough being away from our house basically all day Saturday and all day Sunday... I feel like we're going to be behind on the cleaning and cooking and everything basically all week.  I'm still feeling really run down.  I wouldn't have chosen the weekend after hospitalization to be away from my house and unable to rest much... hopefully this coming weekend I can really try to get some good rest in and get better.  I'm sick of being sick!!  I'm ready to run again. :-)

No comments: