Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday Funny

Yesterday I sent the Z to daycare with a little bag of baby puffs and instructions to her caregivers that I'd like her to be offered 4 or 5 puffs along with a cup of water each day at snack time.  In the instructions I noted that Z  probably would not actually eat the puffs, but that I was just getting her used to them and just want her to have the opportunity to play with them (or eat them if she wants).

She came home with a note: Zoƫ loved her cup of water, but she picked up each of her puffs and threw them on the floor one by one.

Lol!  For some reason, the "one by one" is just hilarious to me.  It implies such a deliberate rejection of the food.  (Really what she is doing is discovering gravity and object permanence.  She loves to throw things on the floor, and then lean out of her chair and look for them.  And then get us to pick them up and repeat the whole process.  Of course, at daycare, once the food went to the floor it was dead to them, so her little modus operandi didn't work quite so well there.)

I sent a note today asking them to continue offering her the puffs anyways.  She'll get this finger food thing eventually.

Oh, and p.s. this morning when I woke her up, she clapped!

No comments: