Tuesday, June 28, 2011

*Frustrated* with Daycare

Last week I sent a little bag of puffs to be given to Z for "snack time".   Monday they gave them to her.  Tuesday they forgot.  After that, every day I've put a note on her paper asking them to offer her the puffs, even though she won't eat them.  Wednesday they remembered.  And every day since then they've forgotten.

Do they even READ the note I send?

This morning I mentioned it to the early morning caregiver.  She said, "Well, you know I'm not here in the afternoon."  And I said, "Well, you're the person I get to see, so perhaps you could pass it along?"  She backpedaled, and then I backpedaled because I don't want a bad relationship with the people who are caring for the Z.  I said, "It isn't a big deal - I mean, she isn't actually eating them, and I don't expect her to, so it isn't like she isn't getting some crucial nutrition, I just want her to get a feel for them."  And then she said, "I understand what you're trying to do, I'll talk to Miss Susan."

The thing is, it *is* a big deal to me.  Not because of the nutrition.  But because I'm explicitly asking (every day) for something to happen each day regarding my child, and it isn't happening.  At all.  Ever.  (And I rarely ask for anything for her.  And this isn't unreasonable - all of the kids EXCEPT Z have a snack every day as a "community".  They're actually leaving her out.)  And that really worries me.  I know the Z is an easy baby.  Super easy.  Does this mean she's being (benignly) neglected?  How do I broach this with the staff?  Do I broach this with the staff?  Or do I just start looking for another daycare?

No comments: