Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Remembered Dream

I had one of those weird dreams last night that was very vivid and that incorporated my alarm clock.  The background that is important, I think, is just that I ordered ants for the ant farm that Z got for Xmas and they haven't come yet.  It may also be relevant that I recently traveled via airplane.  And that the names I name are people who I know but who aren't regularly involved in my life, one of them I haven't seen in literally 15 years other than on Facebook.

So, the dream.

We were at a movie theater for Laney's kid's birthday party.  The party-goers are sitting together.  Then a male airline steward walks up with a white glove full of ants, and essentially tells Laney off.  Tells her that it isn't his job to take deliveries, that she needs to get her guests under control, etc.  Laney then brings the glove to me and asks me to take care of it and apologize to the guy.

So I leave the theater with this cotton glove of ants and I'm trying to find a place to put it in this hallway that looks like a mall when I run across Deana with her kid.  Her kid is little, like maybe only a year old.  She is holding the kid and about to walk into the theater.  I chat her up for a few minutes and offer that she can join the party.  We walk through the doors and it is a very loud, very symphonic moment in the music score and I have this thought of "WTF is she doing bringing a little baby to this movie???", but in we go. 

As we walk in and the music is at a crescendo, it breaks into the sound of my wake-up alarm, which is a quiet sort of chime with buzzing.  I think, "Oooooh shit, someone didn't change the movie reel over, someone is SO fired!!"  I'm looking around the theater watching everyone's annoyed reactions when I realize that it is my alarm, I'm dreaming, and it is time to wake up.

No comments: