Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Goals

Heh, do you think I can continue the theme and come up with 16 goals for 2016?  Let's see....

1. Work: make at least one presentation.
2. Work: write an article.
3. Work: get involved in "the community".
4. Workout: Train for something in a focused way.
5. Workout: Get at least one not-in-Texas race.
6. Workout: Do a triathlon.
7. Workout: Get my butt back in the pool regularly.
8. Workout: Go climbing. 
9.  Life: Lose 20 pounds.
10. Life: Focus on conscientious spending.  I'm going to define it better this year.  What I mean is that I want to finish each month in the green.  HOWEVER, I already know that that won't be possible every month, for example June when I already know P is going to miss several weeks of work, so the ultimate goal is to end the YEAR in the green.
11. Life: Improve the garden.
12. Life: Go camping in Brazos Bend State Park.
13. Life: Go camping in Huntsville State Park.
14. Life: Have an epic Disney vacation.
15. Life: Make stained glass things.
16. Life: Take fabulous pictures with the awesome new camera.

I may have been slightly cheating with splitting the camping into two parts.  I considered a reading goal - I read 52 books in 2015, which is a nice round number of one per week!  But I read because I enjoy it, and I don't want to fall prey to selecting books for length/easiness of reading rather than just because I want to read them.  So no goals there.  Although maybe I should set a goal to begin doing better reviews of books, since looking back on last year I already can't remember why I rated some things the way I did!

Anyways, there they are, and I'm excited to get going!  Onward!!

No comments: