Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Quick Trip to Beantown

Vinyl wall at airport = hours of fun.
We made a quick trip to Boston this past weekend so I could cross number one off my list of work goals: to make a presentation.  And I am soooooo relieved to say that it went really well!!  There were 190 people there!  And one of the memes from my slideshow made it into a group on Facebook and has gotten 166 likes and 12 shares!  That is the most active level of professional feedback that I've ever gotten from a conference, and I am really gratified and thrilled.
Convention center floor.

My slide!

There was also some tooling around Boston.  We arrived on Friday, had an afternoon lobster roll, then headed over to the convention center so I could get all checked in and meet the professor that I work with for my side job.  Then we headed to the Children's museum for dollar night, and that was good, but by the end we were all fried.

Her very own lobster roll.
Breakfast with Brestha.
The next day I conventioned while P and Z went to the Science Museum.

As a side note, apparently we are not understandable in Boston.  Preston got a receipt for "Brestha", and I got a coffee for "Emmbra".  Awesome.

That is one very expensive lobster!







 Sunday I presented and conventioned while P and Z went to the Aquarium.













REAL ice skating!
Monday we all headed North to walk a bit of the Freedom Trail, get breakfast at Caffe Vittoria, and then head over to the Boston Commons for ice skating and duck pictures.  Then back towards the hotel via the Boston Marathon finish line and one last lobster roll.  Then to the airport to head home!

As close as I'll ever get to this finish line.















It has been a whirlwind and I'm exhausted!  I'm taking Friday off and making it a 4 day weekend in which hopefully the last of Christmas comes down and some fabulous relaxing takes place.  In the meantime, it is back to the grind, and I'm going to focus on daily exercise and eating well so that I can get the trip poundage back off.





5 new pennies for the collection!



No comments: