Thursday, January 14, 2016

Progress, and Feeling Twitchy

Last week I ate well all week leading into Boston, as promised.  I started tracking on MyFitPal, I sterted actively trying to hit 10,000 steps per day, and I was doing really well.  When I got to Boston I tried to eat well but not stress over it too much, and with the exception of one exorbitant meal, I actually think I stayed or very close to my calorie allotment, even without doing exercise each day.

I knew, KNEW, that when I got back my weight would be up, because that is just what my body does when I travel, especially when I fly.  But even knowing that, it really hurt when I stepped on the scale the evening I arrived home and saw a 4 pound gain.  Now, there are a lot of things wrong with the scenario, including the fact that I know better than to weigh myself in the evening, but I just couldn't resist.  I should have resisted.  But the very next morning I was a pound down.  And the next day, two more.  And this morning, two more than that!  So I'm actually a pound down from my pre-Boston weight this morning, and I am freaking THRILLED with that.

Ok, so the goal is so keep it up.  It is working, keep it up.  IT IS WORKING!!!!!

I have two cheats coming up:  tonight I'm going to see Tool, therefore I will be awake much later than normal, and I'll probably need to eat more because of that.  I also wouldn't put it past myself to have a drink.  Because Tool!!!  Saturday I'm having my annual lunch with an old friend.  Other than those, the goal is no additional cheats til Tuesday.  I've actually been managing to have my ice cream within my calorie limits, which is awesome!!  Yesterday I measured it out and everything, and I discovered that when I use the small helmet cups, I was dishing myself up just about a serving without measuring, which is a fabulous thing!  I like the idea of only having the 3 cheat meals and ditching the cheat dessert combo.  3 and 3 may have been too much room to wiggle and still lose.  We will see how it goes from here.

In terms of exercise, I've been good about P90X3 since I got back.  Tomorrow I want to go for a run because I signed up for the Piney Woods Trail 5K.  I don't think I'm going to get in much specific training, but a few runs leading into it would be smart.

And that leads me into: I'm getting a little twitchy beginning to worry about 5Ks and bike rides and triathlons and lack of specific training.  This is a fine mental line to walk with me because P90X3 is working, and I don't want to stop right now, and I don't want to stress myself into a headspace where it is ok to just roll over and go back to sleep in the mornings.  BUT I need to start doing at least a little specific training.  So I'm thinking maybe continue with basic free-form/P90X3 through the end of January, throwing in a run or a ride on nice days if I want to.  I was actually thinking about trying to hit it hard with 2-a-days next week, just to up the weight loss ante.  Maybe in February I could shoot for at least one swim, one bike, and one run per week, with the balance of the days being whatever I want, which will probably still be P90X3.  Then from there we can shoot into more specific training in March.  I like this... I may need to flesh it out a little, but that is my tentative plan.  I feel better just typing that!

No comments: