Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Company

Last weekend was a coup for me in an unexpected way.  I had a friend text me that it was her birthday and she wanted some people to get together to play cards.

Since we have moved, I have never had anyone over to our house.  But I have wanted to.  I have wanted it to be in good enough shape where I would feel proud to open my home.  And I knew I was close.  So I said yes.

I nervously texted a few people to invite them.  (This was hard for me - see Anxiety post for reference.)  Everyone said yes.

Through the week leading up to it, I tried to clean bits of the house, to do whatever I could to keep it clean.  I started laundry on Thursday morning and was done by Saturday morning.  (This, by the way, was brilliant.  I'm going to make it my new mo for laundry.)  I shopped for groceries on Saturday morning.  Then we cleaned and cooked and prepped for the rest of the day.

By 2pm I was feeling so good about things that I texted the birthday girl and told her she was welcome whenever she wanted.  She showed up.  Everyone else showed up.  I fed them and they acted like it was yummy.  Then we played Exploding Kittens and Cards Against Humanity and laughed our asses off.

It was fabulous.  I want to do it again.

Maybe not immediately.  Maybe even with a different set - maybe a parents/kids set.  But I want to do it again.  This is a biiiiiiig deal for me.  Huge.  I am SO happy that it went well.

Also, Sunday felt so open and free with all the work done by Saturday night.  Really, really I need to try to structure weekends with this as a goal because it was so relaxing.  The weekend felt so LONG.

:-)

No comments: