Friday, January 2, 2015

State of the Union

Last night I exercised by playing Dance Dance Revolution. For this first 30 days of January, the goal is at least 20 minutes of activity per day, every single day. DDR is hard core exercise for me and it is something I can do in the evening with the kiddo around, so it is an important cog in my plan!

My bike is at the shop getting a good tune up and cleaning and new pedals. I'm having the Speedplays taken off in favor of standard non-cage non-clip in mountain bike pedals. I know that my biking won't be as efficient BUT given my general spazziness, I think I'll be much more comfortable, and at this point that is the most important thing. I can always put the Speedplays back on later!

Today I wanted a baseline run on my Core 1 routine.  Here are the numbers:
Crunches on Fitball: 25
Back extensions: 10
Plank: 30 seconds
V-ups: 7
Push-ups: 10
Twists: 30
Hip extensions: 12
Crunches on Fitball: 25
Focused on form.  Fitball may be a little underinflated - will fix.  Oh, and feeling at end? Spaghetti.

No comments: