Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 4 of Unemployment

I got a hilarious text from my mom on Monday that said, "How does it feel to be a woman of leisure?"

LOLOLOLOL!

It feels like damn hard work is what it feels like!

I chose this week as the Repaint Master Bed/Bathroom Week.  Uuuugh.  Let's start it off by letting you know I have a two gallon bedroom, oh yes I do, and with high ceilings on two sides.  We are going from a "Dijon mustard" yellow left by the previous owner to a nice cool "Pensive sky" gray, so we were talking a two coat minimum.  I must say that it has a tad more blue in it than I was going for, and than the paint chip showed, but I'll take it over mustard any day.  I actually really like it for the bedroom, but in the bathroom, I chose one darker on the paint chip, "Rhino" that I was hoping would bring out the gray inclusions in the granite we have in a very brown bathroom, and the blue is more contrasty than I was hoping for.  But still better than mustard!  I think.

3 full days completed on this project, and the bedroom is completely done, except P needs to do a second coat on the cut-ins that I absolutely cannot reach, even with the ladder.  The bathroom has had one coat, mostly, and I actually think I may be able to get away with only one coat in there, since it is a darker covering color, as long as I look for the little patches where yellow pokes through and give them a quick second.  Still need to finish cutting in on that first coat - have basically half of that done, but with some of the hardest bits remaining.

I'll post some pics when we are all done!

No comments: