Thursday, January 8, 2015

Race Planning and the MS150

The truth of the matter, of course, is I have signed up for the MS150 in hopes of curing myself from my bike spazziness.  In an attempt to properly prepare myself, I'm going to ride with Ready 2 Roll to train and prepare me for group riding.  Because even though I've ridden in triathlons, that is very solo, and I'm very aware that this will be very different.

As a part of that, I'm riding Pedal the Prairie and Head for the Hills.  Not sure what distances yet.

I've also gotten my crazy out and gone ahead and signed up for the CB&I Triathlon.  I figure the MS150 is just good training for that, right?  And I have every intention of starting a regular swim program once I get the gym membership at the new job, so I'll be easily ready for that part of it, which really just leaves the run.  And I can run (ok, maybe walk) 5K practically in my sleep, especially if my aerobic engine is prepped with all this other stuff.  So yeah.  Triathlon 2 weeks after MS150.  Eep!

Probably will do the little 5K in conjunction with my annual work conference in April as a tune-up.

Am planning on the Turkey Trot, obviously.

I just realized if I do a run in January, I'll be on track to do one per month through May... hmmm.... don't want to overcommit to a race a month and set myself up for failure, but don't want to rule it out so early in the year either... maybe I'll look for a little January quickie...

No comments: