Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up

And it was a big one!

Friday Z's daycare had Teacher In-service, so she stayed home with me.  I wanted to do something fun, so we headed down to the Aquarium with Gaga.  (Full disclosure: our aquarium in Houston sucks.  It is fully a Money Making Venture with poor labeling, not enough fish, extra charges everywhere, rides, etc.  But it is the only one we have, and I really thought the Z would like it.)  It was *brilliant* because she LOVED it!  Annnnnd took a 3 hour nap when we got home!  After eating TWO sandwiches (her own PBJ and then my grilled cheese that she totally bogarted)!  We need to go the aquarium every time Daddy leaves her home alone with me if those are going to be the results!  Firsts for the Z included: trip the aquarium, carousel ride (LOVED), ferris wheel ride, and little train ride.

On the train with Gaga.
Saturday morning I woke up at the butt-crack of dawn for a 6 miler.  I had planned on 5 in the form of 2 by myself plus 3 with the Red Halfers, but the Red Full group was doing 6, so I threw in with them and hoped for the best.  The result was the slowest 10K I've EVER run (just over 70 minutes), but it was hot and h.u.m.i.d as all hell, and again I was running by myself, and I got it done and am therefore pretty freaking pleased with myself.   At least I was after I cooled down!

Beet-face.
After that I had a planned AD house cleaning day.  I had hoped to completely get the interior clean of junk, but I overestimated the amount of stuff that was left and everyone's stamina.  But we did get through everything but P's old room and bathroom and the garage.  So I think, now with a clearer head, that 2 more days should do it: one on the interior and one for the garage.  And at least we can start getting contractors on in the interior before we finish the garage if we want.  Z and Gaga came with, and I also paid a friend from work to help out.  Z was really good, can't say enough about it.  She played and didn't throw any fits and ate a TON of shrimp fried rice at lunch.  She did refuse to go down for a nap, though, which was ultimately the beginning of the end of the day, but it was still a very productive day!

Walrus drinking.
Sunday was just about getting our feet back on the ground after that.  I tried a brisket in the crock pot, a new recipe to me, so I'll post if it comes out ok!  We also tried a new Rachael Ray recipe that was really yummy for our Sunday lunch with Gaga and Papi.  I don't know where we got the bravery to try an untried recipe with company, but there you go.  And OMG, my hamstrings were so sore from the day before!

Relaxing.
Also on Sunday: the Case of The Worst Dog Owners EVAR.  AKA: our next door neighbors.  So they've got this little chichuahua and she gets out ALL. THE. TIME.  At least once a week when we pull into the driveway, she's out and we take her home.  But never before have they not been there when we rang the doorbell.  So Annabelle came to visit.  And I remembered why I don't have a dog.  She hadn't even been in my house an hour when she pooped on the floor.  THen we put her in their backyard and she escaped AGAIN and came running in with M when she came to visit. Then she peed on my floor, again, hadn't even been in my house for an hour.  So back to their backyard she went.  Hopefully they came home and she didn't escape again, because she really is a sweet dog despite her owners!
NapoleonHoudini.  Annabelle.

No comments: