Monday, August 20, 2012

Done and Done

Saturday morning I got my 4 in!  My Woodlands Fit half group was only scheduled for 2 (they sure start *short* in the half groups, and stay short for a long time!), so I left early and did 2 along the Waterway first.  It was really lovely.  The sun was just coming up and the water was still and reflective - really nice.  Then I got 2 more in with the group.  My mood soured a little while I was standing around waiting for us to start - I know I had this problem when I first started with the Yellow Full group in 2008, but I'm frustrated to be having it again - I don't *know* anyone, and the place is so cliquey that I feel like I can't meet anyone.  Blarg.  For a group is supposed to "welcome" new people every year, well... fail.  I'm getting a little panicky about it because I'm not happy running more than an hour without someone around to occasionally distract me, and so far that just isn't happening for me with these folks.  And I swear, I'm trying to put myself out there, but the way everyone's avoiding eye contact makes me feel like I've got a cotton t-shirt on or something!  The Red Full group is doing a cutback week for 6 next Saturday, so I'm thinking about defecting for a week.  Maybe.  (But wondering if that is a bad idea because I'm taking away yet another chance to be ignored meet people?  Dunno.)

Early morning runner along the Waterway.

I also threw down 3 miles this morning with no walking.  I am so gratified that I'm in a place physically where I can miss a week and get back to 3 with no walking with only a week's work!

No comments: