Thursday, August 23, 2012

Proud Mama

Only this time it isn't about my baby!

I have this co-worker.  It is silly for me to feel all Proud Mama about her running, because I can't claim responsibility for getting her started or motivating her or anything.  It is funny because I've had various other co-workers dabble in running.  And I've had 2 that are serious seriously hardcore runners.  But I've never had a co-worker who had this magical combination of the excitement for what she's doing plus actually being friendly with me.  And I *LOVE* it!!

She is bringing out this nostalgia in me for my early running days when a 5K was still far and so exciting.  But she's also a librarian, like me, who is doing her research, so I'm getting this huge thrill about directing her to some of my favorite running/costume blogs (hell, I even told her about *this* blog, and we all know I never share with co-workers unless they are both über cool and leaving the company).  AND she's also inspiring me because she wants to run in costume.  And that is an awesomer, braver thing than I have ever done, and something that I've always wanted to do.  She's also proving to have my particular strain of racing disease, because she keeps finding 5Ks to sign up for.  I love that there is someone else around who can't just have one on the schedule!

I'm proud of her because she's doing everything right:
How much more could you ask from a new runner?  And she's excited about it!  And I'm so excited with and for her.