Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Aftermath

I DNS'd on Sunday after the vomit finally stopped around 2:30am and I was able to hold liquid down at 4:30 in tiny little sips, separated by 30 minute breaks just to make sure my stomach didn't flip. 

I was so exhausted I could hardly move.  I slept almost all day Sunday, and yesterday scarcely got up from the couch.  I'm giving it the old college try today, upright and pretending to feel human, but truly I feel weak as a newborn and I've probably had about... 500 calories of solid food in the last 72 hours?  Plus maybe another few hundred of Gatorade.  Yeah.  Awesome.  I have my favorite Kashi oats sitting on my desk right now, 1 packet, 150 calories, and I've been trying to choke it down for freaking 30 minutes and just can't.

I was so disappointed about the tri that I was in tears.  I've identified another that I could do this Saturday, but at this point wonder if I can be ready by Saturday when I'm not even sure I can sit up for 10 hours today?  If not Saturday, a tri might not happen for me this year.  And that is not cool, y'all.  Not cool at all.

Dear ZoĆ«, thank you for being such a sweet sharing girl.  Please quit sharing these evil stomach viruses.  Sincerely, lovingly, Mommy.

No comments: