Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Monthly Goal Review

Goals for the Year:
Lose 12 pounds in 2012.  Weight on 1/1 was 138.8.  Weight on 7/1 was 132.6.  Weight on 8/1 was 134.2.  Only 1.5 lbs gained in Paris - I'll take it!
Read at least 12 books (other than to my child) in 2012.  5 books read in July bringing the total to 29.
Race 12 times in 2012. 4th of July race, making it 2, finally some movement!
And I have one other secret 12 goal. 4 more to add, making it 14.

Goals for July:
Relax, enjoy my trip(s), and eat the yummy food when I want to.  But not lose tri fitness.  Well, all in all, I think I did pretty well with this.  I walked a ton in Paris and climbed bunches of stairs and when I got home I immediately returned to running, then got in a nice long brick last weekend.  This tri may be rough, but I can finish it.

Also in my perfect world:
Financial goals: liquidate SMH acct and reallocate to J.  Fail. Contribute to Z's college plan.  Fail. Contribute to P's IRA.  Fail. Keep pushing P to push lawyer to finish out remaining AD business (there is one undone thing that is a BIG DEAL for us).  Lawyer's brother was actually one of the victims of the Aurora shootings, so cutting slack there.
House goals: get AD's house clean(er), order new floors for my house OR get an estimate from a contractor or 3.  Wouldn't it be awesome if the work could get done while we were on vacation??  Fail.

Goals for August:
Continued progress towards 2012 goals.  Especially losing that Paris weight!
Shift to more of a run focus following the tri, pick up some "fun" cross training.  (There is a group doing Insanity at work.  Or maybe some P90X at home.  Some swimming until the pool closes.  Maybe riding on the trainer so I can read at the same time. ;-))
Financial goals: liquidate SMH account and reallocate to J. Contribute to Z's college plan.
House goals: clean AD house.  Progress towards floors in my house.

No comments: