Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Progress?

Well, I have counted my calories every day so far.  Not that I have come in under my target every day, but at least I'm counting, and making strides towards getting the eating under control.

And I have gone back to work.  Which was stressful, but which I fairly sucessfully forgot after an hour with my babe.

I missed a day working out.  Already. :-(  What I did do, though, was 2 workouts yesterday to make up for the missed one the day before yesterday.  I think this level of flexibility is what is going to be necessary for succeeding in the brave new world that I have created.  So, while 31 workouts on 31 days is the goal, 31 workouts IN 31 days will be acceptable.  This morning I didn't work out because Z was up twice during the night, and I was still rocking her back down when I should have been working out.  No matter, I'll try for one this afternoon.  I did Couch to 5K Week 1 Sunday and Tuesday... it is amazing to think that I started from Week 1 in 2007, and almost exactly 2 years after that I ran a marathon.  And almost exactly 2 years after that, I started C25K again.  Is there a 2013 marathon in my future...?

My official weight on 1/1 was 148.8, but that was in the evening, while I normally weigh in in the morning, so I'm guessing it was a little high.  No matter, that was as best as I could do since I wasn't home that morning.

My weight this morning was 145.8.  The lowest I've seen postpartum.  I'll take it.

No comments: