Saturday, January 1, 2011

Another New Year

For the past few years I've written a post looking back at last year and looking forward with goals for the coming year.

Well, last year I met none of my goals. (I think. I'd have to actually go back and take a look to confirm that, but since my goals usually involve weight loss or maintenance and races, I feel pretty confident in stating that I met none of them.) What I did do was create a human, incubate her, give birth to her, and support her through her first three months of life. And that makes it all ok.

The very presence of the tiny human in my life makes it much more difficult to establish reasonable goals for 2011, but generally speaking, I would like to return to my pre-pregnancy weight range (125-130 lbs), start working out regularly again, start back to work and maintain a healthy work-life separation.

With all that in mind, my more specific January goals are as follows:
Work out for at least 20 min per day EVERY DAY in January.
Complete EP5K upright, preferably running.
Count calories every day.
Start back to work.

I'm already on track with the calorie counting today, but it's going to take an effort to work out today, especially seeing as it is already 5pm. But I will make the effort. I will, damnit. After the tiny human wakes up from her nap. On me.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: