Thursday, January 13, 2011

Not So Ghetto Any More, Baby!

Or, my return to the Y.  Which is located in a new place.  In a new building.  That I had seen exactly once when I was 9 months preggo.

So I knew this morning I needed to build some time into the schedule.  I was going back to the Y, where I had a locker that was empty that I claimed on a preview day when I was all ginormous.  I couldn't remember the locker number.  I sat down the night before and programmed the combo lock so I'd be ready.  I figured I'd just walk in and start asking questions, and that's just what I did. 

I found out my locker number, and where to scan my card, and that I need to grab towels on the way into the locker room.  I talked to the nice lifeguard who is now a greeter-man, and showed him a pic of the Zig.

Went into the locker room, and my lock didn't fit through the holes.  Went back to the desk, got a new lock, had the lady help me program it.  Went back to the locker room, talked to a lady that used to have a locker right next to mine, stripped to swimsuit, discovered that I couldn't close the new lock.

Went back to the desk in my swimsuit, asked for help, received it, finally got locker locked.  Took a pre-pool-rinse and put on my swimcap.  Went to pool.

Bitch was crowded.  Started circling with old-Speedo-man and 2 other dudes.  I used to be faster than OSM, but now I was working hard just to keep pace with him.  It was the best circling experience I've ever had, though, as no one in the lane was fast.

Knocked out a pitiful 700 in 20 minutes, and my arms were screaming for mercy, so I called it a day.

Back to locker room, shower, dress, ready for work.  Go to leave and realize I've left my swimsuit hanging in shower.  Retrieve.  Go to leave again, realize I'm not wearing my rings.  Return to locker, can't find.  Go through bag, can't find.  Assume I left them at home, leave Y and go to work.

Get to work, go through bags one more time, still can't find.  Have uneasy feeling... call Mom at home and ask her to retrace my steps, no rings.  Call Y and ask if they turned up in lost and found.  No.  The same nice lady from earlier offered to go look near my locker.  No dice.  Escalate to full on panic.  Call Preston.  Decide to sneak out of work and go look for them at the Y.  Recheck my car.  No.  Drive to Y.  Start where I parked that morning and walk in with eyes on the ground searching the whole way.  Get to locker.  Pull out each and every item within, shake it, lay it on bench.  On the very last, and I mean very last item, there is the box.  Underneath everything.  Thank goodness!!  And UGH!!!

So, hardcore insane morning.  But on the positive side, the new Y is lovely.  Very nice.  I will enjoy working out there.

No comments: