Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Week 29

Cravings:
I think the ice cream thing may have become a habit. Going to try not having ice cream. Or something. Yesterday all I could think about was a burger and fries... but otherwise, no incredible strong cravings.

Aversions:
Nope.

Other symptoms:
Heartburn. Headache. Sciatica.

Things bugging me:
The state of the house.

Current weight: 155.6

Renovations:
Still still (omg) still haven't finished the guest room. But finally made real, visible progress. The floors are about halfway done, with (I think) the hardest part completed. I'm trying on a new work schedule this week that'll have me home a bit earlier in the afternoon, so will try to complete after work this week. That would make me veeeeery happy. Then guest and hall will need sealing (easy, one day after work process) and baseboards.

We went to BRU on Friday because I had a 20% off on rocker/gliders and ottomans. Bought one. Holy shit, that shit is expensive. And it is really stupid how they do it: they have like 50 lined up in the store for you to try out, in varying colors/woods/etc. Only that 1 color is available in less than 90 days. You can have other colors, but you have to wait 90 days. 90-freaking-days!!! I don't have 90 days until this pops out. I have fewer than 75. UGH!! Are most women ready to settle on a rocker when they are more than 90 days out??? It just seems like probably not. And therefore stupid for the baby store to expect. But whatever. I settled for my 2nd favorite and the more expensive option because it was tan(ish) and the one I really wanted was chocolate brown. Which wouldn't even remotely look right in my nursery. Damnit.

As you could see from the pictures I posted the other day, on Friday after I got off work, I started putting together the chest. I had the whole body up and was starting on the drawers when P came home. I was pretty pleased with myself. But I was glad he came when he did - the drawers would have been difficult with only one of us!

Also got some little things done: got the valance and sheet curtains up over the window (finally). Still need to pick out some blackout curtains for behind the sheers... Also got the two little indirect lights put up. Think I need to find some little goobers to attach the cords to the wall...

Other stuff:

Still doing C25K Week 2. Starting to get excited again about post-preggo exercise. I'm tired of feeling like a blob, and can't wait til I can truly push myself again!

Last week at work went pretty well with the coming-in-half-day-Friday experiment. Going to try that again this week: working 9 hour days M-Th, then coming in 4 hours on Friday. Somehow I think that last hour free will be really nice, and at least last Friday was really quiet and I got quiet a bit done, stress-free. We'll see if that can keep up enough for me to want to keep doing it! I also really like the idea of getting home a little earlier: a little time to work upstairs every day could go a long way. I think we lose a lot of time on the weekends to taking breaks, etc. Not that I don't want to do that, but I think working in short little stints every day could be a really productive option for us. We'll see... I did tell P that it is important that we start working immediately before I hit the couch, otherwise, no worky for me...

No comments: