Monday, August 23, 2010

iApps for Preggos - a Review

What to Expect

This app was probably my favorite in the beginning because it had a daily "What to Expect". That was most welcome when I didn't know anything at all, hadn't had time to read the books, and was adjusting to the concept of a baby inside me.

The app also features a weekly summary of what's going on with your body and your Kid's.

There is also access to community forums and a place to store photos, which I haven't really used.

Price: $FREE (definitely worth the price!)




Baby Bump

This is my favorite pregnancy app now. Like WTE, it features weekly info, and it can actually be fun to compare the weekly info among all the apps.

But the winning feature, IMHO, is the "Journal" where you can track your weight, waist, mood, cravings, etc.

It, too, has a kick counter, which I have used. It also has a contraction counter, which I'm sure will come in handy!

It's got sections for photos, a birth video, popular baby names, and community forums as well.

Price: $4.99




I discovered this app later in my pregnancy, which may explain why it has never been my favorite, but I also find it less intuitive to use than the others. It claims to let you track your weight and things, but you have to do those as "doctor's appointments", not just as journal entries, and I've never even located the doctor's appointment section of the app!

No wonder there is a whole website (linked above) on how to use it!

What is cool about this app is the weekly info being divided among Mom, Dad, and Kid. Weekly info includes the survival rate if your baby was born that week, which is probably too negative for the other apps, but is really kind of cool to know, especially as you get towards the end. I mean, it'll really light a fire under my ass to know that I could have this Kid now, and she'd stand a better than 97% chance of survival. That really tells you how far she's come!

The other cool thing in this app is the ultrasound pics every week of a baby in that week.

But beyond that, I really wouldn't waste my money on this one. Too expensive, and to un-intuitively designed.

Price: $4.99.

No comments: