Thursday, August 12, 2010

Freaky Preggo Dream

The other night I dreamt that we went to go see this colleague of mine (that let me have her old maternity clothes), who had her baby back in January, back when she was in the hospital just after having her baby. She didn't want to let anyone hold her kid, but she needed to go use the restroom, so she gave the baby to me, saying she knew I'd be careful and that I'd enjoy the practice. In the dream I was just as preggo as I am now. So I'm holding her kid, and I don't know what happened, but I'm dropping it. I grab the torso and manage to catch it before it hits the ground, but its head falls off! Like one of those old plastic dolls. And the head is laying on the floor, but it is still attached to the neck by the umbilical cord!! And her kid is still alive. So I bend over real quick, start shoving the cord back into the neck, and reattach the head. The whole thing seems really rickety, and is still looking like a broken plastic doll, not a kid, and I am totally freaking out that I broke her kid. And she comes out of the bathroom and takes her kid back from me, and seemingly doesn't notice anything. And then I woke up.

No comments: