Monday, July 26, 2010

Week 28

Cravings:
Screw everything except vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. (Not totally true: Saturday night I craved a baked potato. Which I ate. Yummily.)

Aversions:
Nope.

Other symptoms:
Heartburn. Headache. Sciatica.

Things bugging me:
It seems like nothing on the house moves as quickly as it could. It is soooo frustrating.

Current weight: 154.4 I made the under 24 pounds at the start of Week 28 like I was hoping for. And then the next day I went over! Oh well, if I gain a pound a week from here on out, I'll hit just over 35 lbs gained. And like I said, it seems to be slowing... a bit. I've got this graph on one of my iTouchy apps that tells me what my weight zone should be. For awhile, I was going exponentially above the upper end of my zone, but now I seem to be taking a parabolic curve back towards the zone. Which makes me happy. Don't get me wrong, this gain still sucks, but I'm feeling more resigned to it.

Renovations:
No go on finishing the first half of the upstairs this weekend, but we did make progress.

We went to Ikea on Friday. Got see-through curtains (which will have to be complemented with something not see-through behind, but they're so cute!!), a little flower light to hang on the wall, a nice bookcase, and a changing table. Got the changing table home and realized it is too small, have to take it back. Decided to attach changing pad to top of a chest that we had liked, so we'll exchange the table for the chest. More storage anyways. Put together the bookcase on Saturday, hung the curtains in the closet on Sunday. Haven't hung the curtains or valance over the window yet because I can't find a curtain rod that I like!

Also on Saturday, P discovered that the fan situation in the guest room is worse than we feared, so he opened up a hole in the ceiling to fix it. Ugh!! I was really upset. Not at him, just because it was yet another super-time-consuming delay in the whole process.

By Sunday that was mostly taken care of, so the floors in the hallway got laid (looks soooo good!!), a second coat of ceiling paint went up in the guest room, and the guest room got mostly painted... there is just a bit of finish work around the edges that P needs to take care of. We also got the guest room significantly cleaner in preparation for working on the floors.

Oh, also I agonized over the layout of the nursery, but I think I've finally settled on something that will look nice AND make sense. Where the cube is in the photos below, I think I'm going to put the chest/changing station. This makes sense to be because all the clothes will be in that one corner of the room, since the closet is right there. The crib is on the other side of the window against the far wall, and the bookcase is on that same wall in the opposite corner. The cube will be just to the right of the door as you walk in, and the chair will be between the cube and the bookcase. I know that no one can picture this right now but me, but I'll post some pics when it is all done! Suffice to say that I feel really relieved to have finally mentally settled on a layout.

Next up, I hope, is baseboards in the hallway, finally hanging the fan in the guest room, finishing the painting in the guest room, then ripping out the baseboards and taking the flooring into there. Once again, I really really really really hope we can be all the way through the guest room by the end of next weekend. Please?

Other stuff:
Had my 3 hour glucose tolerance test on Friday. It totally sucked. I woke up at 5:30, when P left, hungry, and couldn't fall back to sleep. The lab didn't open til 8, so I knew right then that it was gonna suck. I got there right at 8, and they didn't call me back until 8:25!!! I was practically crying by the time they finally called my name, because I knew that was 25 minutes longer without food! Took my fasting sample, made me drink the stuff, orange flavored this time, yuck, and then stuck me once on the hour for the next 3 hours. I brought plenty of reading with me, but the chairs were uncomfortable, and the pricks got progressively more painful, but that was that. All morning I dreamed about Freebirds, but by the time they finally let me go, I was so exhausted (probably from boredom and lack of food) that I stopped by Murphy's on the way home. Then I took a nap. And I felt hungry for pretty much the rest of the day.

Still doing C25K Week 2. This morning The Kid was on my sciatic again, but I finished. This sciatic thing is getting really old.

Last week at work was rough even though it was a short week from me comping myself back time from the week before. It was all long meetings that just completely wiped me out. This week might be a little rough because my assistant manager is out, and that always means more crap to deal with, but at least I think I'll be in my office more... also I'm still owed 1 hour, so home a little early on Thursday!

No comments: