Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Week 25

Cravings:
Still fruit - you should see me in the produce section: "And I'll have some oranges, some bananas, some pineapple, some apples, oooooo, those peaches look yummy.... do you think grapes are good yet? Etc. Etc." Also still vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup, but I've started making Preston scoop it for me, and he is under strict orders to slowly start reducing the amount I receive in each bowl.

Aversions:
Noper.

Other symptoms:
Still "timing out" on a regular basis. I don't know how exactly to describe this (other than the "It's past 8pm and time for bed" time out, which I've totally perfected and is pretty self explanatory: get me to a bed or you're gonna meet a me that you aren't gonna like!)... it is like I'm just done. We'll be at the grocery store, and I'll get tired, achy, sometimes dizzy or short of breath, and moody, and I'll try to push through, but finally I'm just done. I don't care any more that we don't have all the groceries, that we'll have to come back, I just want the hell out of there. NOW. Luckily I can recognize the signs early enough to give Preston some warning, so that when I'm "pushing through" we can try to get all of the true essentials out of the way and get the heck out of there, but it is just a really weird and totally inconvenient phenomenon. And as soon as I get home, things are suddenly, miraculously ok.

I've also had pain in my pelvis. Not like muscle, kind of like bone. The other day I was sitting on a (padded) stool working on pulling up the carpet tack, and finally I told Preston I was going to have to go lay down. Oh, my tailbone hurt so bad when I got flat, and both hips were so sore. I rolled around on the floor for at least half an hour trying to stretch it out.

Things bugging me:
I'm not feeling too grumpy, actually. I wish we were moving faster on the renovations, and it is frustrating that every can we open seems to contain worms, but we are making tons of progress, and that is going a long way towards making me feel better.

Current weight: 151.8

Renovations:
We still hadn't gotten the floors for the nursery, so this weekend we cleared out the guest room entirely and ripped up the carpet in there and in the hallway connecting the nursery and the guest room. We also scraped the ceilings in both. I'm feeling a little panicky, because it looks soooooo bad right now, but I think if we can manage to get the floors in the nursery in next week, I'll calm back down. I think I'm panicking because it only seems to be getting dirtier/messier for the past several weeks, but if I can see the end in sight, I'll calm back down. I think!

So, my hope is to get the floors this afternoon, and they need 3 days to acclimate. So we have until Saturday morning to get the nursery and as much of the hallway and guest room as possible completely ready to lay floors on Saturday. Because I am laying floors on Saturday (damnit!). This involves Preston finishing sanding and patching ceilings in hall and guest rooms, priming and painting ceiling in hall and guest rooms (I can't do that because I am messy and because ceiling paint doesn't come in Zero VOC). Then me painting the guest room on Friday. And we need to clean all the debris up off the floor, he needs to de-squeak it and possibly sand it. And then, voila, we're laying floors! (Hopefully.)

Other stuff:
I was wrong, my belly check isn't until next Friday, so one more week until the doc tells me that my little girl isn't a pinhead. She isn't. I just want to hear the doc say it.

Still doing C25K Week 2. It is getting progressively more difficult, but I am trying to congratulate myself on any movement at all, and telling myself that the longer I do this, the easier it'll be to come back when it is over.

I am hoping my comeback (5K) race will be the EP5K on January 30, 2011. Even if The Kid is late, that should give me enough time to get back to 5Ks! (I hope!) Annnnnd, it is the only 5K I know of that gives completion medals. And damnit, I'll deserve a medal for this one!!!

Oh, one more thing: we got the a rug at Target on clearance yesterday. I saw it 2 weeks ago, and it matched the color scheme, and finally got P around to see it, and it was even cheaper! It isn't the cutest rug ever, but for more than half off, it was totally worth it. It is pink and purple and really soft to the touch. I told P my biggest requirement for a baby run was really that it felt nice to lay on, and this one definitely fits the bill! And at $30, we can throw the thing away when she doesn't like it any more (or it is too gross to keep!). I was looking for a picture online, but it was so on clearance that I can't even find one to post!!

No comments: