Monday, July 12, 2010

Week 26

Cravings:
Still fruit. Also still vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup.

Aversions:
Nope.

Other symptoms:
Still "timing out". Feeling pretty grumpy on Saturday. A little nap helped me to hit the reset button.

Things bugging me:
Meh, just ready for the house to be done!

Current weight: 153.4 (UGH!!!)

Renovations:
Well, the floor is in the nursery, but not sealed yet, so no furniture.

Here's how it went down:

Friday when Preston got home I asked him to go to Babies' R Us with me, because they were doing 20% off on monitors. Got one. And had snow crab at Red Lobster for dinner!

Saturday morning I woke P up by putting away dishes, loudly (sneaky, no?), and we went out to the garage to de-clutter so he could set up his table saw. Got that done, went for groceries, watched the soccer match, then he set up his saw, and we worked on laying the floors until almost 9 after that. I think there was a really severe learning curve with the floors. At least I hope there was, because we only got half the room done in like 7 hours!

Sunday we got up, laid a row, ate, and then laid until it was done, just in time to make lunch and watch the match. I didn't have it in me to work any more that day!

The learning curve: First we had to figure out how it was going into the room, how we wanted to stagger it, etc. Read the directions. Then, the spacers weren't working so great because the sheetrock doesn't go all the way down to the plywood, so the spacers would just angle back into the slot whenever we hit the thing too hard. Annnnd, unfortunately, the first row had a cut for the closet, which was a bit traumatic, though we got it done. We discovered that I'm not really strong enough in most circumstances to actually get the planks tapped in, so I wasn't as useful as we had hoped. Then on the second row, Preston broke a few planks with over-vigorous tapping-in (that's how tough it was to get those suckers to lock!!). Finally by rows 3-5, we had a routing: I pull out the plank, set it, he taps it in length-wise, then I monitor the seam while he taps in the other direction. Rinse repeat. Anything requiring sawing took much longer: measuring, going downstairs to saw, etc. Hopefully we'll continue to get better at that. Had kind of an alarming amount of wasted product, but I'm attributing it to the learning curve plus what is normal! Hope there is enough to finish the upstairs!!

(Will post pics of all of this soon!)

Other stuff:
Belly check was fine on Friday. Nice strong little heartbeat in the 140's again. Fundal height still measuring a week large. Oh! And she said The Kid was 2 lbs at the 24 week ultrasound! 2 lbs! This kid is gonna be huge!!!

Still doing C25K Week 2. Hoping for 3 days this week, since I am working Monday-Friday (abnormal). Day 1 done this morning.

No comments: