Monday, July 19, 2010

Week 27

Cravings:
Fruit and vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. Guess it might be this way until the end? Had a strong craving one day for french fries, too.

Aversions:
Nope.

Other symptoms:
Heartburn. Ugh!! This one is new. It started on Friday after having shrimp etouffee for lunch (from Treebeards, yum!). I was miserable by mid-afternoon. The PBJ I had for dinner felt like fire on the way down. Then on Saturday, Preston wanted Red Robin, so I got my usual BLTA croissant with fries and watermelon, and heartburn by 2pm again. Finally, on Sunday, I played it (what I thought was) super-safe. I had a wheat tortilla wrap with cheese, meat, mayo, spinach, sprouts, and tomato. And heartburn by 2pm. BOOOOO!!!! It'll be interesting to see if my typical work lunch of Amy's burrito and banana has the same effect today. All my books say that this is typical in the 3rd trimester, but boooo!

Another somewhat new one: my fuse is about half a centimeter long. It takes absolutely NO TIME at all for me to get ticked. It sucks.

Things bugging me:
I'm still just ready for the house to be done!

Current weight: 153.4 (My book says I should have gained 15-24 lbs by week 28. Fingers crossed that I can go 4 more days and only .6 lbs so I can make the upper limit!!) On the good news side, the insane rate of weight gain seems to have maybe slowed down a bit. I hope.

Renovations:
Nursery floor sealed, baseboards installed, cute rug laying in there! I worked on Friday last week, so I'm getting off early a few days this week, so I'm hoping to get the crib assembled (yay!!), curtains picked out and hung (at least the valences, which are already purchased, up!), and start laying floors into the hallway and guest room before next weekend. If there is any possible way that we could finish out this side of the upstairs this weekend, I would be sooooo thrilled.

Other stuff:
I got a call at work last week that I failed my 1 hour glucose tolerance test. This means I might have gestational diabetes. I have to go in for the 3 hour test this Friday. Not looking forward to it. :-(

Still doing C25K Week 2. I got the 3 days I wanted last week, and felt great about that. I'm getting ever slower, and to be honest, the running is getting harder and harder, but I'm still banging out week 2. This morning I got through it even though The Kid was on my sciatic again, and it hurt like hell.

Last week at work was rough - I worked 48.5 hours. This week I've got so much going on that I'm not sure I'll manage to comp myself back the full 8.5 hours, but I'll try. I'll carry it over into next week if I have to. It is tough coming back on Monday for a busy week after such a loooooong week last week, and such a busy weekend. Hell, I'm already looking forward to this weekend, and I'm just getting started!!

No comments: