Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Last night I was handy!

So, yesterday was a busy day. I was supposed to get home early, but I went to Target on the way and bought one of those cube organizer thingys, because I saw in an ad that they were on sale, and then I had to take the cats to the vet. Because of the timing on everything, I skipped lunch (I know, I know, I shouldn't do that), so P and I went to Freebirds after, and we weren't home to really do anything until 5ish.

But I really really wanted him to paint the guest room ceiling because that's one of the things that I can't be around for (couldn't find no VOC ceiling paint), so a weeknight is perfect for that. So, I thought why not try to assemble the cube I bought?I would normally never, ever do this without Preston, but he'd be in the next room, so what was the worst that could happen?

So, I opened the box and got him to help me dump it out (heavy!). Then he went to paint, and I got started.
Whee!! I was so proud of me!! And now I have little boxes to put all those sorted clothes in, so they aren't on the rug!! And they are still all sorted!! (This is really helping my nesting.) Target was out of a few colors of the canvas cubes that I want, but I'll keep looking...

And you see the rug, cute, right? (And it is super soft and squishy.) And I also got a tension rod to hang a valance in the closet. Instead of doors I'm thinking of getting some curtains, because that'll make the room's look easily (and cheaply) changeable as she gets older. I looked for curtains and a curtain rod for the valance for over the window while I was at Target, but I didn't find anything that I liked. I think we may head to Ikea this weekend to look for a dresser, so maybe then...

No comments: