Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Races - Attempt Two

Ok, here's what I've got.


I'm interested in the following races, but not committing to anything for sure yet. But I do think that they could all possibly fit into the training schedule nicely... and I may go ahead and add them to the sidebar...

10/20: Runway Race for Life 5K (this one is pretty sure - I think Preston'd get a real kick out of being allowed on a runway, so I've been wanting to do this one since I've moved to H-town)
11/1: Rice Owls Twilight 5K (this would be really convenient on my way home from work, so is likely.)
11/4: Optimist's Club 4 Mile Fun Run (Sugarland is a little far for me, but not out of the question. It would be nice to run one longer than 5K race pre-5miler, so this one is probably in. Also, the Optimists up in the Big D honored me when I was in high school, so it'd be nice to support them down here.)
11/22: Run Thru the Woods 5 Miler (My "A" race. This one is definite.)

A little nervous about stacking the Rice and the Optimists so close together. I would normally run a 3 miler and a 4 miler in training that close together, or even 1 day closer, but I'll have to be really reminding myself not to go out hard at Rice and blow myself up for the Optimists. Because I think in the scheme of training having a great run at the Optimists will be more beneficial to the Woods than having a great 5K at Rice.

I wish there was a 5K closer to the beginning of October that I was interested in. There is one this weekend in Kemah, but that is a little far for me. Next weekend is Race for the Cure, but that one is a little pricey, even for supporting an excellant cause.

But October 20th *is* only 3.5 weeks away...

No comments: