Monday, September 10, 2007

Do you hear what I hear??

A few weeks ago I made a short complaint about a throat infection, for which I saw the doctor and missed a bit of work. It was a virus, wait it out, was the conclusion.

Except that it never really went away. I mean, the gi-normous pus deposits on the back of my throat went away, but the mucus and the always-feeling-like-i-just-woke-up-after-sleeping-with-my-mouth-open feeling never went away.

And now the price of neglect must be paid. I have an earache. It started sometime between going to sleep on Friday night and waking up on Saturday morning. It hurts: a constant ache with periodic stabbing pain in my right ear. This afternoon the doctor better deliver, damnit, because all of this sick bullshit is really starting to get me down. Really down. I don't feel like I'm just a week off a 5k PR. I feel like a tub of lard that has never exercised a day in her life. I've gotta get out of this sickly funk!

No comments: